Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Imposition of the Liberals

I am only one voice, which is a sad and simple fact. In the realm of American Politics however, that is all that is required to not only be heard, but understood, followed and more importantly accepted. Fortunately for me, there is not even a requirement to make any sense when I speak or write. To see the veracity of my statement, one need only ask Barack Obama, or the Liberal ‘Drive-by’ media.

So. Sit. Listen, for I am no more than a single voice in the drumming cacophony of American voices, but you still must listen. You must, because I am an American Citizen, and a voter. The goal of the following pages is simple. It has to be, I am no genius, despite my best efforts. I am no statistician, I can’t even read numbers. I am not a pundit, I am not a politician. I am merely a concerned observer looking for clarification. I implore those with my missing genius to contact me at the conclusion of this and give me those answers. Or instead, just dazzle me with spectacular verbiage and placating speeches.

This first section is concerning no more than one word. This word is dangerous in my eyes. It lends itself to the unfortunate metaphor of a cold hand gripping my heart. Imposition. I hate imposition, which is perhaps why my eyes glaze over and my brain dies a bit every time Al Gore takes the stand within earshot.

Now, tell me where I’m wrong, here. I see Imposition coming. It’s not hard to see, it is not as if the Left is trying to hide it or anything. I am just wondering why we’re (all Americans both Liberal and Conservative) rolling over? This used to be the land of the Free. I kinda liked that whole thing. I know, I know, Liberals HATE freedom. I know freedom is now an old idea. I know Liberals constantly feel the need to change things. And that means one day, they had to change that whole freedom thing. I just don’t know why they think they are Oracles. I don’t want to live like you. I want to eat meat, and drive an SUV, and pay through the nose for gasoline. I want to play in the street and eat ice cream for dinner, and how dare you tell me that is wrong and I need to change. How about this Radical Left, you guys change. That’s my business, right? No? Oh, jeeze, I’m so sorry.

I never knew that my driving around, was alone responsible for the destruction of the environment. But you know what? I really don’t care. I know that paints me as an uncaring, politically incorrect ogre. Once again, don’t care. I’m sorry, I’m not sorry. What arrogance on the part of the Left. That they think one single country can fundamentally alter the course of the planet. That the U.S., should it convert to Green Everything, would shift the doomed course of Earth. I thought they said it was inevitable? Am I once again mistaken? If it is inevitable, I’d just as soon forget going green, wasting my time and effort, and just live like I want. Thanks anyways guys. Really, no thanks. No..really, No thank you. Now, get off my front doorstep.

The liberals constantly and relentlessly feel the need to tell America that their idea of the country, and their agreed upon view of morality, patriotism and justice are the right ones. That anyone that disagrees with them are Untouchables. Not the cool, Eliot Ness types, you know, Scottish Sean Connery toting a machine gun, but rather the dirty Indians washing themselves in the dirtier Ganges.

Maybe I’m too young to remember, but when did disagreement and debate equal anathema? Is it merely a lack of respect on the part of Liberals? They just don’t respect my opinion or my desires? They know what I want better than I do? Or they think they do? Is it arrogance? Do they think they know better because they believe themselves demigods? Oracles and beacons of light for the heathens they lead? Is it more? Is it fear? Are they afraid of what might happen to them if they didn’t mess with things? That they would be cast out of power?

I think so. In fact, what I see is much more than that. I think it is all of the above, and that the Democrats and the Liberals in general are in denial. They deny the dangers of Terrorism, they deny the effectiveness of market forces, they deny the benefits of small government, they deny the state of the environment, and worst of all, and they deny the existence and potential of opposing viewpoints. Well, wake up Liberals. No, never mind. I know you can’t wake up, but at least come to grips with the reality of reality.

I love Fantasy, I read it, write it and watch it (Lord of the Rings). But, unlike the Democrat party, I know the time and place for it. I don’t live there. The Democrats must get their mail in the Shire, next door to Bilbo and Frodo Baggins, if they really believe the limited actions of ONE COUNTRY can reverse the still unproven effects of global warming.

I have yet to fully express the problem with imposition. A synonym for imposition is oppression. Another is tyranny. Why would Americans, a busy people, the hardest working people on the face of the earth, be so willingly told what to do, how to live, and be so lazy on confronting it. Are American’s too tired from their busy work day to open their eyes to the fascists infecting Washington?

At the risk of sounding younger than my age, I have only this to say to the Left-handed Jolly Green Giant. ‘I’m not gunna, period.’

I am not going to let you into my home and set my thermostat. I am not going to let you keep me from the gasoline pump. I am not going to let you look over my shoulder when I am mowing my hopefully massive backyard. Instead, I’ll slam the door in your face, barrage your office with angry emails, and donate money to ANYONE willing to get you out of office. I am not kidding. Left wing, here is a free warning from me to you. Cut it out.

Americans can take a great deal, but control and hypocrisy tend not to be high on their list. I say hypocrisy, because I wonder where you think you get off saying the Patriot Act is too invasive, Anti-American, and Unconstitutional, but yet, the looming and dooming ‘Green Act’ where you tell me how much I can drive, and what my house temperature can be and when, is ok? How the heck do you guys reconcile that? Please, inform me. I’m sure I’ll have a fabulously rehearse, and overly verbose response made up by then. I’ll get my speech writer on it right away.

No comments: