Thursday, July 17, 2008

Where's the Responsibility?

I fully understand the novelty here. I understand that the slick, hip, cool Presidential Candidate is Black. I get it. But my question is, why is he the Presidential Candidate. By now, we have all heard the stories that clearly indicate that Barack Hussein Obama is unfit to Lead anything, let alone a country of people.
The real question here is why can the African-American community of this country not be more responsible. I'm sure you readers know, that there are voters out there who are simply voting for Barack Obama because he's black, when that is hardly a qualification to be President. It is no more irrelevant than a White Man, or any other race/gender. It should have nothing to do with the chosen leader of a nation. Affirmative Action should never, and I mean EVER extend to jobs, let alone positions of leadership. I am not saying that black people are not capable of doing the exact same things as any other race, I am simply saying that if you do cast your vote for Barack Obama simply because he is black, then not only have I lost any and all intellectual respect for you, I find you to be irresponsible and mentally deficient. And whats worse, I could care less if that hurt your feelings. Grow up. All you are doing is furthering the racial tensions and Racial divide in this country by over compensating for a lack of black leadership in America.
America does no OWE the black community a Black President. The Black Community owes all of America (black, white, Hispanic, Asian, etc.) responsible, thoughtful, intelligent, rational, and quality leaders who have the ability, fortitude and moral fiber to BE the President of the United States. So far, that has not happened.







I am issuing a challenge to the Barack Obama supporters out there. Stop listening to Barack Obama and John McCain for a week. Instead, read ABOUT the issues, not the candidates' positions on them. Read what the issue is, and what the consequences are, without hearing the Candidates' opinions or CNN's. Then, when you feel comfortable enough to understand the issue in question, then listen to Barack and John McCain and see if you still buy what they're both selling you. If you do that, and you still like Barack, I will still disagree with you, but I will finally have some intellectual respect for you. You are no longer a sheep in the Obama flock, but a thinking, rational human being. 'Thinking' has the added bonus of making you stand out in the Obama flock, not many of them do. Congrats.

No comments: